Support New Profit Social Entrepreneurs on GivingTuesday
GivingTuesday is a movement that unleashes the power of radical generosity around the world. The movement reimagines a world built upon shared humanity and generosity.
This GivingTuesday (November 30, 2021), we’re highlighting New Profit portfolio organizations who are actively participating in the event. We encourage you to learn more about their work and support their efforts to reshape systems in their communities and across the country.
- Braven: The mission of Braven is to empower promising, underrepresented young people—first-generation college students, students from low-income backgrounds, and students of color—with the skills, confidence, experiences, and networks necessary to transition from college to strong first jobs, which lead to meaningful careers and lives of impact.
- CASEL: CASEL’s mission is to help make evidence-based social and emotional learning (SEL) an integral part of education from preschool through high school.
- CodePath: We exist to eliminate educational inequity in technical careers. Our mission is to provide the tools and connections that software engineers need to unlock their greatest career potential.
- Envision Education, Inc.: Our mission is to transform the lives of students – especially those who will be first in their families to attend college – by preparing them for success in college, career, and life.
- Highlander Institute: Highlander Institute partners with communities to imagine and create more equitable, relevant, and effective schools. Using research, we convene, coach, and build capacity to improve outcomes and experiences for all students.
- JVS Bay Area: JVS transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
- Liberation Ventures: LV supports the ecosystem of organizations working on truth, reconciliation, and reparations in order to build public will for a comprehensive, federal, financial, and non-financial reparations program.
- Next100: Next100 is a startup think tank for and by a new generation of policy leaders. We are working to change the face and future of progressive policy, and to build a more inclusive, equal, democratic, and just America.
- Project for Pride in Living: PPL builds the hope, assets, and self-reliance of individuals and families who have lower incomes by providing transformative affordable housing and career readiness services.
- Pursuit Transformation Company Inc.: We train adults with the most need and potential to get hired in tech, advance in their careers, and become the next generation of leaders in tech.
- Springboard Collaborative: Springboard Collaborative closes the literacy gap by closing the gap between home and school. We coach educators and family members to help kids learn to read by 4th grade. Springboard envisions a world in which all children have the requisite literacy skills to access life opportunities.
- Think of Us: Think of Us operates as a Research and Development lab for child welfare. We’re working to build a system where the millions of people impacted by foster care have the conditions they need to Heal, Develop, and Thrive.
- Zearn: The more kids believe in their ability to solve problems, the more problems we can solve, together. We believe that fostering a love of math is critical to creating a generation of learners who can change the world. It’s that simple. And that lofty.