1. Your Personal Data is important to us.
We respect the importance of your privacy. We know that when you provide Personal Data to us you are showing your trust, and we take that seriously. Unless you consent otherwise, we will only collect and use your Personal Data as we explain below. You do not need to provide your Personal Data to use the Site (although access to certain Organization Services may be limited if you choose not to do so).
2. Collecting information about you.
We collect Personal Data from you when you voluntarily provide such Personal Data, for example by providing your contact information, contacting us with inquiries, responding to one of our surveys, submitting responses in a Letter of Inquiry and/or registering for access to using certain Organization Services made available through our Site.
3. Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Site.
When you visit, use, and interact with the Site, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Site, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Site (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our Site, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off.
Email Pixels: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and Internet Protocol address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email
4. Our use of Personal Data.
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Site, including presenting the data and information available on the Site;
- To provide you with access to and use of the Organization Services;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Site, our company, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Site;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Site;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site, and to ensure the security of our information technology systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or other third parties.
5. When we will disclose your information.
We may disclose your Personal Data if we believe that such disclosure is: required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of the Organization, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability; or necessary to fulfill the above purposes or otherwise to provide you with a service which you have requested.
In order to operate the Site, fulfill the purposes set out above, or otherwise deliver a service, we may sometimes share your Personal Data with a service partner or a Related Organization or Company.
The Organization, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Data may be part of the transferred assets and may be disclosed to a prospective business partner and/or is legal or business advisors in advance of and/or in contemplation of possible sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event.
6. When we will contact you.
We may contact you at the email address which you provide to us in order to provide you with other information that you have chosen to receive. If you are receiving information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our contact list by e-mailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 14 days for this request to be processed. You can also click unsubscribe in the footer of a New Profit email communication to be removed from our mailing list.
7. Changing the information we have about you.
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via this Site.
8. Deleting an email address from our email list or stopping any further communications.
If you wish to have your email address removed from our contact list, please let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take all reasonable steps to remove it, unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
9. Storage and security of your Personal Data.
We take reasonable measures to protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information. Since no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, we do not promise that the information you provide to us, either through the Site or via e-mail, will always be totally secure. We disclaim any responsibility for events arising from unauthorized access to your Personal Data.
10. Links to other websites.
11. Children’s online privacy protection.
The Site is directed to and intended for use by adults only. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Site by users under 13 years of age without the consent of their parent or guardian. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data through this Site, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
12. Other terms and conditions.
Your access to and use of this Site is subject to the Terms of Service.
13. What to do if you have a problem or question.