New Funding Opportunities in Education, Economic Mobility, and Health Equity
New Profit is seeking to invest more than $7M in 40 innovative organizations advancing equity and opportunity in AmericaOctober 7, 2021
**Please note that applications for the following Catalyze investments have closed**
New Profit is looking to invest more than $7M in 40 innovative organizations working to ensure an equitable recovery in education, create opportunities for women of color to build wealth, and shift the underlying conditions that enable health inequities in America. If you are an organization working in education, economic mobility, or health equity, learn more about our funding opportunities
The following Catalyze Investment Applications are now open:
Please note that former or current New Profit Catalyze and Build portfolio organizations are not eligible for these opportunities.
Economic Mobility Cohort [Note: This Application Has Closed]
We’re investing $100k of unrestricted funding in each of eight direct service organizations that work across three separate but interrelated levers to create wealth for women of color in America:
- Income Generation – Pathways to gainful employment(examples include innovations in the education-to-employment system).
- Social Determinants of Work – Enabling conditions that play an essential role in employment outcomes (examples include childcare, transportation, and affordable housing).
- Financial Health – Asset-building for wealth creation (examples include access to capital for home ownership or entrepreneurship and financial health and coaching).
An informational webinar was held on 10/8/21, to view a recording of the session click here.
New Profit’s Health Equity Cohort [Note: This Application Has Closed]
In collaboration with Deloitte’s Health Equity Institute, we’re investing $100k in each of up to eight innovative systems-change nonprofit organizations working to solve health disparities across the country, we are seeking eight early-stage systems change leaders working to shift the underlying conditions that create health inequities across an individual lifespan and generations.
The application period for the Health Equity Cohort closed on 11/16/21 at 5pm ET.
An information session was held on October 21, 2021, and we are pleased to share a recording of the session here. The slides from the information session are available for your review here.
Equitable Education Recovery Initiative [Note: This Application Has Closed]
We’re investing $200k of unrestricted funding in each of 24 leaders who are working to provide math/ELA tutoring, whole child supports, and/or postsecondary advising to K-12 students in their community.
We define each of these as follows:
- Math/ELA Tutoring: Engaging with students on rigorous math and/or ELA academic content in 1-on-1 or small group formats.
- Whole Child Supports: Developing deep relationships with students to provide a structured and integrated combination of mentoring relationships and social emotional support while partnering with educators to enhance school and classroom environments.
- Postsecondary Advising: Supporting students to successfully navigate from high school to various postsecondary pathways, including to conventional two- and four-year institutions of higher education as well as to alternative and innovative pathways to credentials and careers.
Applications for the Equitable Education Recovery Initiative closed on 10/20/21 at 5pm ET
An informational webinar was held on 9/17/21, to view a recording of the session click here.