Dr. Angela Jackson Featured in AFROTECH
Dr. Angela Jackson, New Profit Partner and lead of our Future of Work initiative, was recently interviewed by AFROTECH about the XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling Prize, one half of New Profit’s Future of Work Grand Challenge. The Grand Challenge which consists of two prizes—XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling and the MIT Solve Challenge—aims to identify and fund the most promising ideas and solutions that are solving an important question of our time, how will we rebuild the economy and create a future of work that works for everyone?
Through the investment of $6 million, the Grand Challenge will:
- Rapidly reskill 25,000 displaced workers into living-wage jobs in the next 24 months
- Equip influential workforce boards with vetted tools to support the wave of displaced workers in six months
- Achieve broader systemic change to help prepare 12 million Americans from underinvested communities for workforce success by 2025
The XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling Prize and other initiatives to train Black people and disinvested communities for the jobs of the future is about social and economic justice. This challenge directly addresses the racial economic gap by placing Black people in jobs and careers that allow them to build wealth for their families while protecting them from the health risks of frontline employment.
Interested in learning more about New Profit’s Future of Work Grand Challenge, powered by XPRIZE and MIT Solve? Check out the following resources:
- New Profit Launches a Future of Work Grand Challenge with XPRIZE and MIT Solve – Click to read the full announcement.
- The Future of Work Grand Challenge Powered by XPRIZE and MIT Solve – Learn more about the prize and how to apply.
- New Profit Launches Worker Advisory Board to Guide Future of Work Grand Challenge – Click to read about the XPERT Worker Advisory Board that is increasing the engagement of frontline workers in the prize as co-designers, advisors, and judges.